How To Clean Your Jewellery At Home
If you are fortunate enough to have a lifestyle which means you can wear your jewellery every day, then they will need a clean from time to time. We would always recommend you take your jewels to your trusted local jeweller, because nothing beats a professional clean! However, if you notice your jewellery is looking a bit dull and you're about to go on a big night out, then follow our easy steps:
- fill a small bowl with warm water and a dash of washing up liquid
- grab a soft bristle toothbrush (keep one in the cabinet especially for this)
- scrub the stone(s) especially underneath for a good few minutes
- rinse and buff using a jewellers cloth if you have one, or a fresh, clean duster/cloth
- check the bowl before emptying that no stones have fallen out in the cleaning process
Please take extra care when cleaning delicate gemstones such as; Opals, Pearls, Tanzanites and Emeralds.